Holiday Block Leave 2017
428th or 1/78 (AIT):
19 Dec 17 - 02 Jan18
30th or ADA (AIT):
19 Dec 17 - 02 Jan 18
434th or Basic Training:
20 Dec 17 - 03 Jan 18
- Soldiers may travel by bus or air.
- Soldiers who live in the immediate area and wish to have family members pick them up must coordinate with their 1SG or CDR.
- It is recommended but not required to purchase travel through Adventure Travel. Soldiers who choose to make their own travel arrangements must depart and return from the following airports and within the times indicated below:
Dallas-Ft. Worth International or Love Field
Departure after: 0500 hrs
Latest return: Prior to 2000 hrs
Oklahoma City (OKC)
Depart after: 0500 hrs
Latest return: Prior to 2200 hrs
Depart after: 0500 hrs
Soldiers are transported by group to and from the airports by Jefferson Bus Lines. The rates for the airport shuttles are:
If flight was bought from Adventure Travel:
To DFW or Love: $73 one way | $110 roundtrip
To OKC: $47 one way | $73 roundtrip
To LAW: $6 one way | $ 11 roundtrip
If flight was bought from a source OTHER than Adventure Travel:
To DFW or Love: $83 one way | $120 roundtrip
To OKC: $57 one way | $83 roundtrip
To LAW: $11 one way | $16 roundtrip
Note: Adventure Travel cannot fix problems with tickets purchased from another source (ie. internet, airlines, other agencies)
Note: The Army does NOT provide airport transportation free of charge for personal leave. So these are special shuttle buses contracted by Adventure Travel only to pick up soldiers on Ft. Sill and transport them to the airports. Soldiers must not buy a scheduled bus ticket from other sources, since those buses do not stop at the airports.
IET soldiers are also prohibited from taking a taxi to and from any airport.
- If there are weather delays across the country, airport bus service will continue until all soldiers have been returned to Ft. Sill.
- If you make air reservations on your own, you must still purchase a ticket through Adventure Travel for the shuttle to the airports.
- Travel arrangements for flights with airport shuttle can be made through Adventure Travel by calling 800-540-9030 or 800-999-2987 or BOOK ONLINE. Family members making arrangements for you MUST know your training group and unit number when making the reservations!!!! (For example: A 1/19, or B 3/6ADA, or C 1/78)
BUS HOME (No Flights)
- All tickets must be paid in full at the time of reservation.
- Tickets may be paid by cash, debit card, or credit card.
- If a family member calls in to make a reservation for the soldier, they will be required to fill out a credit card authorization form, which we will send to them by fax or email.
- The form is included in this packet and requires the credit card holder to provide the name as it appears on the card, billing address, last 4 of credit card number and expiration date and signature.
- The family member will need to fax back the form, along with a photocopy of the cardholders ID, to 580-353-5393 or 580-250-4018, or scan and email it back.
- Family members may also go online to www.fortsilltravel.com to look at flight itineraries, and hold a reservation on the soldier’s behalf. We will check the itinerary to make sure the dates, times, and airports are correct, and add in the shuttle before issuing the ticket.
- The authorization form simply gives written permission to Adventure Travel to charge the card, since we do not have the card here to swipe or the cardholder here in person to sign for the charge.
- If a family member makes travel arrangements through us prior to the date the soldier’s unit meets with our agents, we can still print out a copy of the itinerary to provide to the soldier.
- Two copies of your itinerary will be issued at the time of reservation. One copy is for you and the other is given to your drill/platoon sergeant for tracking of each soldier in the unit’s database. The itinerary will show your flight arrangements, which airport you are departing from and returning to, flight times, etc. It will also show that you have purchased a shuttle ticket to/from the airports, which needs to be purchased at the same time as the flight.
- Soldiers who have bought a bus ticket all the way home will receive paper bus tickets after they have been issued. They will be delivered to the unit about a week prior to the date of departure.
- Soldiers are charged leave days to go home for Holiday Block Leave. Those who are new arrivals who have not accrued enough days off may go in the negative for leave time, and will have to build it back up after returning from HBL.
- If a family member calls in to make a reservation for the soldier, they will be required to fill out a credit card authorization form, please see a copy below.
- Advance Pay is offered to some basic training units arriving after 01Nov, which is coordinated with Finance, but limited to a maximum of 15 days pay. If the air ticket price exceeds this amount, the soldier will have to pay the difference at the time of reservation by cash, debit or credit, or they may select bus travel.
- Finance will take the amount you signed for the advance pay option out of your 15Jan paycheck. If the amount of advance pay used for your travel arrangements exceeds your 15Jan paycheck, then the remainder will be taken out of the paycheck following.
- If you accept the advance pay option, you will only sign for the amount of your airline ticket plus airport shuttle, up to a maximum of 15 days of your pay. If your travel plans are less than that amount, the total taken from your pay will just be the amount for flight and airport shuttle, for which you had signed, not the entire pay for 15 days.
CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION
Please fill out the form below OR send your info to Shelomi@adv-travel.com